In celebration of the televeision network's 60'th anniversary, the Himig Handog had been relaunched which gives talented song writers on stage.
This year's competition was joined by a total of 2,500 all original compositions from Filipino song writers worldwide.
Below is the complete list of the twelve finalists.
- "Alaala" by Ma. Fe Mechenette Tianga, Melvin Huwervana, and Joel Jabot Jr. from Iloilo (Lyric Video Here)
- "Ano'ng Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa" by Jovinor Tan from Malabon (Lyric Video Here)
- "If You Ever Change Your Mind" by Marion Aunor from Makati (Lyric Video Here)
- "Hanggang Wakas" by Soc Villanueva from Australia (Lyric Video Here)
- "Kahit Na" by Julius James de Belen from Quezon City (Lyric Video Here)
- "Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat" by Jungee Marcelo from Pasig City (Lyric Video Here)
- "One Day" by Agatha Obar Morallos from Baguio City (Lyric Video Here)
- "Pwede Bang Ako Na Lang Ulit" by Jeffrey Cifra from Cavite (Lyric Video Here)
- "Sana'y Magbalik" by Arman Alferez from Caloocan (Lyric Video Here)
- "Scared To Death" by Domingo Rosco Jr. from Bohol (Lyric Video Here)
- "Tamang Panahon" by Wynn Andrada from Makati (Lyric Video Here)
- "This Song Is For You" by Jude Gitamondoc from Cebu City (Lyric Video Here)
"Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs" grand finals night will be held on February 24 (Sunday) at the Mall Of Asia Arena in Pasay City and will be aired live on no other else but ABS-CBN Channel 2.
The finalist songs were sang by some biggest names in Philippine music indsutry namely Angeline Quinto who interpreted the song "One Day," Aiza Seguerra for "Anong Nangyari Sa Ating Dalawa," Erik Santos for "This Song's For You," Yeng Constantino for "Alaala," Juris for "Hanggang Wakas," Toni Gonzaga for "Kahit Na," Bugoy Drilon for "Pwede Bang Ako Na Lang Ulit," Jovit Baldivino for "Sana'y Magbalik," KZ Tandingan for "Scared To Death," and Daniel Padilla for the song "Nasa Iyo Na Ang Lahat."
This season's competition was hosted by Xian Lim, Kim Chiu, Matteo Guidicelli, and Megan Young.