Bagyong Sendong Death Toll

Bagyong Sendong death toll update, hundreds are also missing, see full story here...

Bagyong Sendong Death Toll Update

Bagyong Sendong Death Toll Update

Tropical Storm Sendong Death Count


This is an official count from the Philippine Red Cross in regards to the death toll caused by Bagyong Sendong that devastated Mindanao and other provinces from the south.

According to the Philippine Red Cross, around 652 had totalled to the body count that was instantly killed by Bagyong Sendong while 808 others was reportedly missing.

Red Cross Secretary-General Gwendolyn Pang said that it was the flash floods that claim the most lives on the Typhoon Sendong, international name Washi. Tropical Storm Sendong killed 346 people in Cagayan de Oro City (CDO) and 206 in nearby town, Iligan City. Deaths were also reported from the five other provinces in the southern and central part of Mindanao.

About the missing persons, Pang said that a total of 447 was reportedly missing in Iligan City and 247 un Cagayan de Oro City.

UPDATE:

According to the official data of National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council or NDRRMC, a total of 685 was killed by Bagyong Sendong in which the most affected areas are Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan City. The data was released by the NDRRMC as of 3PM - Monday, December 19, 2011.

As expected, evacuation centers were all crowded by the victims who had their house destroyed by the typhoon. In Cagayan de Oro City, a head count of 30,403 persons are staying in 19 evacuation centers while 9,460 individuals are staying in 15 evacuation centers in Iligan City.

Due to the unexpected volume of dead bodies, funeral parlor admitted that they cannot accomodate the massive numbers of dead bodies brought to them by the victim's family. Funeral parlors said that they had run out of coffin and formalin. That's why the local authorities are considering mass burial to avoid the spreading of sickness due to rotten bodies.

The president on the other hand is scheduled to visit Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan City on Tuesday, December 20, 2011.

UPDATE:
National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) executive director Benito Ramos said last Wednesday that as of 6 p.m., a total of 1,010 had died, including 650 in Cagayan de Oro and 283 in Iligan City while the rest came from nearby provinces.

Aside from the death tolls, an official report said that a total of 1,603 people had been injured.

Post a Comment

 

Get the latest news and updates. Your everyday supply of the most talked topics on Philippine television and online circulations.
Keywordspeak.com articles are ALL original, please ensure proper do-follow link if reused online.

MyGlobe Rewards | Anyare.com | LET Results Secondary January 26, 2014 | LET Results Elementary January 26, 2014 | LET Teachers January 26, 2014

Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved - Keywordspeak.com | Contact Us | Google+